Books, eBooks and journal articles

An academic paper or presentation is distinguish by one's ability to reference well. In-text and end text references help validate your analysis of a particular topic.

I was surprised that many of you used information from websites like Wikipedia to reference your presentation instead of reading the wonderful books in the library, journal articles from the online database and eBooks via the links provided by the library.

The books I downloaded and shared in our reading folders in all 3 units are from the website recommended by the librarians.



I also used our online database to help me gain more knowledge relating to our units or topics.



It is time we make good use of our access to the internet by sourcing credible sources to help us write well or to support our oral presentations. You are all privilege to have access to such information or resources. When I was doing my undergrad and honors, I had a really hard time using online resources.

I was able to access JSTOR and other online databases in my post-grad years in China. Jilin University subscribed just like DWU, so we were able to download all our required readings which were journal articles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FPA: Organizational Process Model

Commercial liberalism and the six norms

Rise and fall realism