The DWU experience: migration of content from the old Moodle server to the new Moodle server

When I first joined Divine Word University in 2012, I heard about Moodle. I had no idea how to use the Open-Source Learning Management System (LMS) to aid in teaching and learning. 

After close to nine years, it has been a wonderful journey of self-discovery. I learnt a lot about myself as well as the LMS. I spent a great amount of hours reading about the LMS on its website and watched as many Moodle videos from YouTube.

Furthermore, many hours, weeks, months and semesters were spent on experimenting with Moodle activities and resources. Those students who were thoughtful gave useful feedback verbally or via the unit evaluation which helped me to think creatively.  

The learning journey is endless, the latest challenge is migrating content from the old Moodle server to the new Moodle server in 2020. Below is a video I created to share my experience with others.

Since our theme for 2020 is: 'it is in giving that we receive', I would like to share or give this video showcasing my experience of migrating content from the old Moodle server to the new Moodle server to those who are still trying to figure out the process. 

The only worry I have is not being able to migrate the user data from all the activities. Comments and posts by students in the various forums, glossaries and wikis were not migrated in the process. A fresh new start for students in 2020, they will not have the luxury of reading, listening or viewing the work of former students in order to get ideas and guidance. 

Comments

  1. Technology on its brink now...well done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We are challenged here at DWU to use technology to facilitate learning and teaching. Trying to implement the institution's strategic objective of innovation in learning and teaching.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FPA: Organizational Process Model

Commercial liberalism and the six norms

Rise and fall realism