Podcast, theme and graduate attribute

When I got my 2018 diary, I was very eager to see the 2018 theme. I read the theme and then deeply pondered about how to align my units to the theme.

I then remembered the Moodle managers and their presentation last year (2017) after they came back from Ukarumpa. The training was conducted by trainers from the Summer Institute of Linguistics. They showed us some interesting apps and software that we could use for learning and teaching.

One particular software that they talked about was audacity. I went to the audacity site and found out that it is a free, open source, cross platform audio software for multi-track recording and editing.

I downloaded audacity and installed on my computer. I thought the software was a bit complex but as I continue to use and familiarize myself with the different functions, I realized that it was just like any other software.  

The use of this software together with the use of Moodle constitutes elearning. The digitized content from your podcast is shared on our Moodle forum. The podcast is used as a learning resource by your peers to help them learn about the different theories and cases related to the weekly topics and the learning outcomes.

IR431 International and Regional Security podcast on the rise of China and realism.

Apart from fulfilling the theme for 2018, we are also developing the graduate attribute of information technology. The experience of using the audacity software and Moodle makes you as a graduate of DWU different from other universities in the country.

To those in year 3 and 4, please do not forget to export your project as a MP3 file and upload it on to our respective forums before the closing time this Friday (16/3/2018). Also note that during the podcast week we will not have any face-to-face classes. But you are all expected to come and see if you need assistance with your podcast during the scheduled class hours and during my consultation hours. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FPA: Organizational Process Model

Commercial liberalism and the six norms

Rise and fall realism